This year for the first time the CMI included an extended range of awards as part of their National Conference, held at the Royal Garden Hotel, London.
The awards ceremony and celebration followed the important daytime CMI National Conference at the same venue, entitled ‘Management and Leadership – from Mediocrity to Excellence – Distilling the lessons of the past two years’.
As in previously years conference delegates benefited from the knowledge and experience of some of the best thinkers and achievers from a variety of industries across our Country.
The speakers included a guest appearance from:
- James Kaan of Lions Den fame,
- Lord Eatwell Director Centre for Financial Analysis & Policy,
- Stephen Howard CEO, Business in the Community,
- Jo Salter, UK’s First Female Fast Jet Pilot,
- Mike Southon, Political & Business Columnist Financial Times
to list a few.
The list of award categories were:
- Chartered Manager of the Year
- The Outstanding Organisation of the Year (SME)
- The Award for Green Leadership
- Workplace Wellbeing Award
- Management Team of the Year Award
- The ACCA Award for Talent Retention
- Employee Engagement Strategy
- The Award for Change Management
- The Outstanding Organisation of the Year Award (Large)
- The Outstanding Leader of the Year
- The CMI Executive Award for Inspirational Management & Leadership
- CMI Gold Medal Award
Sandra Pollock was asked to judge the Management Team of the Year Award. Sandra also had the pleasure of presenting the winners, West Yorkshire Police, Criminal Justice Support Services with the Trophy at the Gold Ward Gala Dinner .
More detail will soon be available via the CMI website. See http://www.managers.org.uk/news/uk%E2%80%99s-best-managers-leading-way-back-economic-health?utm_campaign=MM+October+-+CMgr&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=customerminds.com&utm_content=Html+email&utm_term=NML+Awards